There are heaps of useful articles and how-to guides on Mytricksource for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, however we expect you may have an interest within the following posts:
Like this Slim Bean Custom ROM based on the latest Google Android 4.2.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Backup and Other Important Tips
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE on facebook to thank us!
All set and ready? Sensible. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Note N7000 to Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM.
How to Install Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Custom Rom in Galaxy Note N7000
- This tutorial is only for installing Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Please do not try on any other Galaxy variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding. Fair Look Cream
Entire Step-By-Step directions:Step 1 - Download Slim-n7000-4.2.2.build.7-OFFICIAL Custom Rom and Google Apps for Galaxy Note N7000 o your computer.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Slim-n7000-4.2.2.build.7-OFFICIAL zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Note: Repeat the same process with Google Apps as well as you did in step 10.
Your Galaxy Note N7000 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Note N7000 should now have Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Custom Rom installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.