Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MTS) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial :)
Jelly Bean Taste ROM Features:
- JELLY BEANS TASTE INSIDE
- 9 LOCKSCREEN ALL PORT FROM SGS
- NEW SETTINGS.APK
- SWIPE TO REMOVE
- CUSTOM CLEAR BUTTON
- EDT TWEAK ADDED
- LIDROID PARTS
- TRANSPARENT MMS.APK
- JELLY BEANS ICON PACK
- JELLY BEANS WALLPAPER CHOOSSER
- Install ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ROM on Galaxy Y S5360 ICS Custom Firmware
- Customize Galaxy Y S5360 with DXMA1 The One N Only ROM and Kernel
- Jelly Bean Styled Settings for Galaxy Y S5360
- Install MIUI 3 CM7 Custom ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
- Install XXMI1 Official Android 2.3 ROM on Galaxy Y S5360
- Install Hyperion 9 GM ROM On Galaxy Y S5360 — Final Build Hot!
Samsung Galaxy Y USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Y properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy Y USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important TipsDone with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE on Facebook to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Y S5360 to Taste ROM Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware.
HOW TO: Install Taste ROM Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Taste ROM Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware on Galaxy Y S5360. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Y S5360, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Y and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Taste ROM Android 4.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Y variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Y USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.1 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”
Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 11 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
Your Galaxy Y S5360 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Y should now have Taste ROM Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE on Facebook to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.