This is a nightly firmware update by Github androidarmv6 organization, a modified custom ROM. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Whats working: in CM10.1:
- Camera preview && taking pictures
- Mobile data
- HW accel
- Touch (with multitouch)
- USB mass storage
- Camera recording
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MyTrickSource) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial :)
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on MyTrickSource for the Samsung Galaxy Ace, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Cyanogenmod 11
- Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to BVKT6 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware
Backup and Other Important Tips
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE on facebook to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial Below and update Galaxy Ace S5830 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
How to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace S5830
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This tutorial is only for installing CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not try on any other Galaxy variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Rom for Galaxy Ace S5830 to your computer.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 11 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
Your Galaxy Ace S5830 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Ace S5830 should now have CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Rom installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.