As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install A-Droid V 2.0 Custom
Rom on Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Please make sure you backup your data with the given tips below and also read the other important tips given as you will need them before
proceeding to the update tutorial. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy Ace Duos. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MyTrickSource) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial ;-)
A-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom Details:
- Based On Latest Stock Firmware DDLI1
- Deodexed And ZIpAlgined
- 14 toggles by lidroid
- BEATS AUDIO
- DSP Manager
- Special Droid RAZR Bootanimation with Sound !
- XPERIA S HOMESCREEN !
- XPERIA S WIDGETS
- 1% Battery Mod
- I-PHONE Lock Unlock Sounds
- InBuilt CALL RECORDER
- XPERIA FONTS
- Replaced some system apps with better ones!
- Tape-a-talk voice recorder [High quality record at cd quality instead of samsung's crap recorder]
- QuickPic instead of Gallery3D [Big battery drain in gallery3d!]
- Added AppWidgetPicker, so the widgets are better categorized [Thanks to boombuler]
- Busybox Installed
- Good battery life!
- Bloatwares Removed
- A-DROID THEME 2.0
- Full Framwork Modded
- Bootanimation Changed,
- Modded SMS app - ICS Themed !
- Contact app modded
- Settings Modded
- MUSIC APP MODDED - ICS And Beats THEMED
- Dialer Modded - ICS THEMED
- Shrinked Quck and Carrier Bar to Get some more space for Notifications
- 3 LAUNCHERS TO CHOOSE FROM :-
- XPERIA S HOME
- HOLO LAUNCHER
- LAUNCHER PRO
- SEVERAL APPS ADDED :-
- Real Calculator
- Call Recorder
- Notification Sounds Changed
- Lot of Build.Prop Tweaks
New Features Upgrades✔ Increase touchscreen sensitivity
✔ Less RAM usage through zipalign. | World first smart zipaligning
✔ Reduced /dbdata, /data, /sdcard usage of *.db files and faster database access. | World first smart sqlite optimizing
✔ Faster disk access through remount script (noatime, disabled barrier etc) | World first smart remounting
✔ Better network throughput from TCP tweaks and 3G tweaks
✔ Tons of prop tweaks
✔ Overall Better Performance and Battery Life
✔ Less lags through LMK Tweak and Various VM Tweaks
✔ Faster SDCARD Read/Write Speed
All Credit to ImbaWind
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on MyTrickSource for the Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos, but we think you might be interested in this posts: How to Update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to XXMA1 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware
Like this A-Droid V 2.0 ROM based on the latest Android 4.0.4? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important TipsDone with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to A-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom based on ICS custom firmware.
HOW TO: Install A-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom on Galaxy Ace Duos S6802
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This tutorial is only for installing A-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Ace variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before. See here: How to Root Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Official Firmware (Most Important)
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Ace Duos USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded A-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to theA-Droid V 2.0 Custom Rom zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 11 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
Your Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Ace Duos should now have A-Droid V 2.0 custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.