This Galaxy Y S5360 custom ROM with Android 4.0 ICS is a mixture of many others, providing all the cool features of other ROMs in one. ANTHR-A firmware is already rooted so there is no need to root your device again after installing this custom ROM. It also includes some multimedia features to improve your multimedia experience like “MegaBass”. You can update Galaxy Y S5360 to ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS custom firmware using the tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS ROM on Galaxy Y S5360 with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing custom ROMs. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the Custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MTS) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial :)
ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS ROM Details:This amazing ANTHR-A custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 4.0 ICS. A quick list of the main features in ANTHR-A is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Galaxy Y S5360:
- -Zipalign all apk
- -Busybox include
- -v6 supercharge
- -Swipe to remove
- -Hack SystemUI (replace SystemUI without reboot to see your mod)
- -APK Replacer
- -Anti Bootloop
- -EXT Manager
- -EDT Tweaks
- -6 Lockscreen w/ ICS lockscreen
- -14 toogles
- -Megabass Booster
- -3 way boot
- -compatible OMG!!! Dcsms
- -other’s mod
Samsung Galaxy Y USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Y properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy Y USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important TipsDone with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial Below and update Galaxy Y S5360 to ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS custom firmware.
HOW TO: Install ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS custom firmware on Galaxy Y S5360. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Y S5360, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Y and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This tutorial is only for installing ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Y variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - Download ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ROM for Galaxy Y to your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Y USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.0 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again, hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now be in your Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
Step 8 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 11 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”
Your Galaxy Y S5360 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Y should now have ANTHR-A Android 4.0 ICS custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.