Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 – CF-Auto-Root Details:
CF-Root is the root for “rooting beginners” and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. A modified recovery and cache partition will be flashed, which will install (only) SuperSU, then clean-up the cache partition and re-flash the stock recovery.
NOTE: Using this root increases your flash counter. You should run Triangle Away after rooting to reset the counter. Note that if you want to run custom kernels or custom recoveries, your flash counter will be set to 1 at every boot. Either configure Triangle Away to reset the counter at every boot (Play version only) or only reset the counter when you need to go into warranty.
There are tons of usefull article for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on MyTrickSource, but we Suggest you for the following:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB Drivers
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important Tips
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on Android 4.1.1 official firmware.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 variants.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as a precaution.
- This root method works for both, Android 4.0.4 ICS and Android 4.1.1 JB.
- Your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 should be on an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle.
Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while your tablet is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the file that you have to flash/install on your tablet. This file will be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip‘.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your tablet will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
Step 11 - After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
NOTE: Sometimes the device does NOT boot into Recovery Mode automatically (as given in Step 10) and root your device. If that happens, do the entire procedure again.
OPTIONAL: Still not rooted? Once again perform the entire tutorial, but make sure in ODIN, the “Auto Reboot” option is NOT checked. Then after installation (Step 10), do the following:
Step 11 - Pull out the battery (or keep holding the Power button) to turn OFF the tablet forcefully.
Step 12 - Now boot (turn ON your tablet) with Volume Down + Power buttons to go directly into Recovery Mode manually. This will start the install process of rooting your phone.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 has now been rooted on Android 4.1.1 / 4.0.4 official software update. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.