Samsung is keeping it’s Galaxy Grand Duos phone updated with a new update every week or month – the latest is XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 firmware which is now available to download on Samsung KIES. For those who have not used Samsung KIES to update can always follow our manual method to update using Odin. XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 is the latest Jelly Bean firmware update released for this phone. This firmware doesn’t come with major fixes rather it has bug fixes and under the hood changes. You can easily update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 using our tutorial below manually! As this is a official update and not a custom ROM so you wont require rooting or a custom recovery.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. It is always better to make a backup before doing anything with your Android device. This is an official firmware update by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MyTrickSource) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 Firmware Details:
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on MyTrickSource for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 official firmware.
How to Install XXAMCE Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing on your device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- I9082XXAMCE is an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 4.1.2 build XXAMCE update for Galaxy S III I9082, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy Grand Duos to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. We will soon do a tutorial on how to root Galaxy Grand Duos on this Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 I9082XXAMCE for Galaxy Grand Duos to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Grand Duos USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has now been updated to Android 4.1.2 build XXAMCE firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.