Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 Made for the tablet, AndroidTM Honeycomb 3.1 platform with 1GHz dual core processor increases productivity by allowing you to perform different functions at the same time. View multiple panes in the same application, and browse the web with ultra speed HSPA+ 21Mbps.
You can now update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to XXLQG Android 4.0.4 official firmware update. This is the latest firmware released earlier today for this Android phone. Like always, we have the tutorial on how to install this firmware on your phone with the most easy instructions. For those who are not able to download this update from Samsung KIES, you can always grab the latest update for Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 and the tutorial from MyTrickSource. You do not need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed or a rooted phone in order to install this update manually. You can easily update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to XXLQG Android 4.0.4 using our tutorial.As you continue reading, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXLQG Android 4.0.4 firmware on Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 Please make sure you backup your data with the given tips below and also read the other important tips given as you will need them before proceeding to the update tutorial. This is an unbranded firmware so it can be installed on any Galaxy Tab 8.9 Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MyTrickSource) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial ;-)
Android 4.0.4 XXLQG Firmware Details:PDA: P7300XXLQG
Date: April 2013
Regions: Bulgaria (MTL)
More on Galaxy Tab Series in MyTrickSource:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important TipsDone with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to XXLQG Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to XXLQG Android 4.0.4 ICS Official FirmwareWe have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to Android 4.0.4 XXLQG Ice Cream Sandwich If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an unbranded firmware with no carrier apps installed on it.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - Download XXLQG Android 4.0.4 ICS for Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 to your computer while the phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 has now been updated to XXLQG Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.